Other organizations besides fraternities and sororities will be affected by rules keeping alcohol from undergraduates. Though it might be affected the most by the University's new policy which bans alcohol at all registered undergraduate parties, the Greek system is not the only group targeted by the plan. What's clear at this point is that the University is prohibiting the distribution of alcohol to all undergraduate students at registered parties -- not just to those who are underage. But the problem is, no one can say for certain if or how each campus group will be affected. While some groups are saying their own parties -- which have never been plagued by instances of alcohol abuse -- will be unfairly affected by the new policy, other groups are plainly baffled by the new plan, unsure of whether it affects them. The provisions University President Judith Rodin and Provost Robert Barchi enacted last Thursday prohibit any registered undergraduate party -- including on- and off-campus fraternity parties, Center City sorority parties and any other registered function held at bars or restaurants that serve alcohol -- from doing so. The Friars Club, a senior honors society comprised of students of legal drinking age, can no longer hold registered functions such as its spring smokers. Friars Club President Scott Glosserman, a College senior and Sigma Chi brother, said his group and other senior honor clubs like the Sphinx and Mortar Board societies have never had a problem with alcohol abuse. "The general University ban was impulsive and not well thought out because it affects certain organizations who have not had a problem with the University in the past," Glosserman said. And during its show season, the Mask and Wig Club has registered mixers with sororities -- which would have to be canceled due to the new policy. No such mixers are scheduled for the rest of the semester, according to Mask and Wig member Rich Hollman, a College senior. But the Performing Arts Council, for instance, is not sure if it can still throw its annual downtown costume party -- Bacchanal -- which usually draws about 200 students toward the end of the semester, according to PAC Chairperson Jennifer Orthmann, a College sophomore and Alpha Chi Omega sister. "We're not sure yet [if we can still host the party]," Orthmann said. And several sororities who have already organized and paid for downtown spring formals are saying now that it is unclear if they can still host their events or if they can get refunds for the money they have already put down. "We have formal chairs who have been planning this party since the beginning of the year.? We do have a binding contract," said Sigma Delta Tau President Amanda Wallen, a College junior, stressing that her sorority is "waiting for the University" to make the final call on whether or not the party is "legal." Panhellenic Council President Becca Iverson, a College junior and Chi Omega sister, said University officials are trying to change "drinking patterns on campus," but that they realize that the problem is not solely the Greeks' responsibility. "Although the Greeks are upset, other student groups are suffering, too," Iverson said. Panhel prohibits sororities from holding social events in their houses, so chapters contract downtown establishments for their parties. Barchi maintained that the new alcohol policy is not intended to punish the Greeks. "We are sensitive to the potential concerns that the Greek system might have, but we are not intending this action to be in any way punitive towards the Greek system," Barchi said yesterday.