The 'shock jock' broadcast his show live from Philadelphia as a publicity stunt. Sandwiched in the already-congested corridor between Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's at 30th Street Station yesterday morning, over 100 Philadelphians assembled to watch talk-radio "shock-jock" Don Imus dispense garter-belt witticisms, comment on journalistic ethics and take gibes at Philadelphia 76ers President Pat Croce. While admittedly a convenient spot for attracting morning commuters, most of the onlookers at the four-hour "Imus in the Morning" live broadcast were die-hard fans. "I've been listening for seven, eight years," boasted Harvey Elfenstein to the stranger next to him. "You?" "Oh, I've been listening since '72," was local fireman Steve Foreman's response, "and even if I had a Monday through Friday job, I'd be calling in sick for this." Millions of listeners nationwide tune into Imus' syndicated show every morning from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., whether via their local AM talk station -- in Philadelphia's case, WPHT 1210 -- or cable network MSNBC's simulcast. Although the show wasn't broadcast on a Philadelphia station until last year, Imus afficionados in the city have traditionally listened to the 26-year-old show on New York's WFAN, the station on which Imus' show first rose to fame. "I started listening in 1974? it was more of an outrageous show back then," recalled local listener Tom Bouldon, noting that the show has significantly "matured" with its listeners. "Before, Imus was more of a trash-jock? he's still funny, but he does some serious political commentary and some neat interviews." A chat with Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) on campaign finance highlighted yesterday's interview lineup, though some were disappointed Imus conducted the interview via telephone. "I thought Specter would've shown up in person," remarked Elfenstein. "It's not an election year, he doesn't need to show up," joked his coffee-bar comrade Foreman, during a chance conversation true to the City of Brotherly Love. Most of Imus' show centered on sportscaster Marv Albert's recent sex scandal and the discussion of whether it was journalistically ethical for Imus to reveal the name of Albert's second anonymous accuser. Stern-faced fans watched the now-graying, bushy-haired disc jockey intently -- in part due to the train station's erratic acoustics -- hanging onto every word, clapping at the appropriate moments and bursting into fits of laughter at the Imus' antics. "Here's a guy who says he's the part-owner of the Philadelphia 76ers," said Imus, introducing Pat Croce. "That must have cost, oh, $20 or $30." Although the crowd thinned out slightly come 9 a.m., most remained the full four hours, comparing Princess Di theories, waiting to get their books autographed and marveling at the grandeur of the train station and Philadelphia in years past. "Man, it's been awhile since I've been here," said Foreman, leaning across the counter to order another cappuccino. "This place used to be so decrepit," he added. "Yeah, when you'd ask for a cup of coffee and would get an odd, black liquid," recalled Elfenstein. And as the last of the throngs got up to leave, a few pledged to show up again today, when the mayor will pay Imus a visit.