Drexel freshman Jamie Ostroha remains under observation at HUP. Drexel freshman Jamie Ostroha has been upgraded from critical to serious condition after plunging 13 stories from Graduate Tower B Wednesday night. Ostroha and two friends were rappelling from the 15th floor of the graduate tower when she "lost control" at the 13th floor and crashed into the grassy courtyard in between the two grad towers. Nursing Administrator Nancy Williams said last night that Ostroha's prognosis is "fair," although she remains under observation at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Ostroha, a Chemical Engineering major from Marysville, Pa., and a friend were visiting another Drexel student on the 15th floor of the building, which houses 22 Drexel students as part of a residential pilot program. Her fall set off a panic in her friend's room, according to 15th floor resident Janesh Moorjani, a second-year Wharton graduate student. "The door was ajar, a bedsheet was tied to the door and there was a guy shouting over the balcony, 'Oh my God, I killed her'," Moorjani said. Although Ostroha was a member of Drexel's Reserve Officer's Training Corps, Drexel spokesperson Phil Terranova maintained that the equipment used by the three students didn't belong to Drexel. He said the students probably purchased some type of mountain climbing gear. The graduate towers resident involved in the incident was expelled from the dorm by Penn officials, but Drexel administrators will determine further punishment of the three students, Terranova said. The trio had successfully rappelled from the building previously, according to Drexel sophomore and Graduate Towers resident Liz Evry. A Grad Tower B resident who requested anonymity said the students had made their first rappel immediately before Ostroha's disastrous attempt. But Associate Vice Provost for University Life Larry Moneta said no information about previous jumps has been substantiated. Despite the incident, Drexel students will be allowed to continue living in Penn dorms, Moneta said. Wednesday night, VPUL Valarie Swain-Cade McCoullum told The Daily Pennsylvanian that Penn would have to reevaluate allowing Drexel students to live in Penn dorms. But Moneta explained that Drexel administrators met with Penn officials today and settled any concerns. According to Moneta, Penn will leave the details of the investigation to Drexel officials. He expressed disappointment with the students' irresponsibility. "We all have higher expectations of all college students, regardless of what college," he said. Drexel junior Eric Sontheimer, who lives in Grad Tower B, echoed Moneta's disapproval. "I can't believe she was doing something so stupid," he said. But Terranova said he was upset by the insensitive reaction to the accident, adding that Drexel's first concern is for Ostroha's health. Daily Pennsylvanian staff writer Tammy Reiss contributed to this report.