As a result of outsourcing and restructuring, the University has removed 160 employees from their positions in the past year. The summer months saw considerable anxiety on campus as a result of widespread fear of further downsizing. The apprehension resulted in an increase in union meetings for many employees. Executive Director of Hospitality Services Donald Jacobs and other Dining Services officials said they have no idea if or when the University will bring in an outside company to take over their services. But this uncertainty is exactly what concerns many employees. Dining Services employee Tony Crosby, a union member for 26 years, said he is concerned about the possibility of outsourcing. "My daughter graduates from high school next year. I have earned benefits by working here for all these years for her to go to college," Crosby said. "If they outsource Dining, my benefits will be jeopardized." In order to become more efficient, the University will continue to restructure departments, Fry said. But he plans to make the transition slowly. "People are a very big part of any process," Fry said. "Everyone counts in this business." Fry has denied outside companies' claims that the University has entered into negotiations with them in conjunction with outsourcing efforts. Aramark, a Philadelphia-based food services company, already serves 350 colleges and universities -- and Penn may be next on their list. "I have visited Penn at least once a month for the last five or six years to discuss our involvement in the University's services," said Aramark's Vice President for Marketing Development Bill Dillon in June. "We definitely have an ongoing dialogue, especially concerning dining." But Fry disputes this, saying there are no such dialogues. When contacted in August, Dillon stated that he was advised by the University to no longer speak about the negotiations. Marriott officials have also said they were involved in discussions with the University. The company runs dining and dorm services for about 500 colleges and universities. "We already deal with Penn for concession services," said Marriott's Director of Human Resources Jim Chnect. "In the future our company would like to expand the food service deals and look into facilities management and residential living." Despite these claims, Fry maintains that there are no ongoing negotiations. During the beginning of summer, Undergraduate Assembly President Tal Golomb, a College junior, and other UA members expressed concerned over the apparent lack of student involvement in the process. As a result, Fry met several times with Golomb throughout the second half of the summer. Fry said he plans to continue his relationship with the UA. "I have offered Tal a seat on the Dining Services Task Force committee," Fry said. "I plan to work very hard to involve the campus in decisions." To that end, Fry said he also plans to work with University Council, Graduate and Professional Students Association and several other student and faculty organizations.