Seniors Miles Macik and Felix Rouse had no control Saturday whether a win over Cornell would mean a quarter of the Ivy championship. But Penn's starting wide receivers could help control how the senior class, the most successful in decades, would close out its wildly-successful run. Macik and Rouse, each with more than 100 receiving yards for the day, ensured the Class of '96 would end like it started -- with a bang. Penn rocked Cornell, 37-18, to end the Big Red's title dreams. The win also gave Macik and Rouse a memory to savor. "You always remember the last one regardless of whether your 7-3 or 3-7," said the all-American Macik, who ended his marvelous career at Penn with an Ivy League record of 200 career catches. "This was a big one and it was good to out like this." Macik, who came into the game 201 yards short of the Penn record for receiving yardage, caught his 26th career touchdown pass early in the second quarter to put the Quakers up 21-0. The play developed after Cornell fumbled the kickoff, leaving the ball to Penn at its own 31-yard line. The coaching staff wanted to make the Big Red pay for its mistake -- quickly. Said Macik: "After we got the turnover, [Offensive Coordinator] Chuck Priore looked at me and said 'Let's go, right now,' so I kind of knew the ball was coming there." The gifted wide receiver heeded Priore's command and burned Big Red corner Doug Knopp down the sideline for the 31-yard touchdown reception. The reception, Macik's third for the day, gave him 85 receiving yards with nearly three quarters to go. Suddenly, Penn's all-time career receiving yardage mark seemed vulnerable. However, the mark of 2,419 yards by Don Clune ('71-73) held despite a game effort by Macik, who ended the day and a storied career with 7 catches for 148 yards. But Macik still has Penn's career touchdown and reception mark, so do not feel too bad for him. If you want to feel bad for someone look to coach Al Bagnoli, who is losing his most gifted player to graduation. When asked, Bagnoli conceded he might be losing a once-in-a-coaching-experience player. "I think so," Bagnoli said. "When they said he had 200 catches -- Holy Christ -- 200 catches in three years is ridiculous." Macik's partner-in-crime Rouse also ended his career on a high note -- even though at one point it looked like Rouse (5 catches, 104 yards) would end his Penn career with one of those painful experiences that stay with you forever. With the game very much alive and the first half winding down, a wide-open Rouse dropped a sure touchdown pass. The completion would have put Penn up 27-10 and end Cornell's momentum heading into halftime. "I heard this big 'oh' from the crowd," said Rouse, who has really come into his own this season for Penn. "That was the worst feeling in my life." But Bagnoli, as he is wont to do, called Rouse's number just two plays later. The call paid dividends for the Quakers, as Rouse caught the ball at the 20, faked out the coverage and raced into the end zone. "That definitely had to be the best feeling," Rouse said. "I felt I redeemed myself because everyone was probably cursing my name in the stands. It was great." Besides Macik and Rouse, Bagnoli also plans to savor the moment, although that feeling may dissipate when he realizes he has to replace his receiving duo.