Emphasizing their commitment to community service and academics, the 10 chapters of the Bicultural InterGreek Council held an information session last night in the rooftop lounge of High Rise East. It was the first time that all the chapters of the umbrella group have come together to present information to prospective Greek members. Representatives from each of the primarily minority-based organizations addressed the students in attendance. Because there are several Big-C chapters in the Philadelphia region, members from nearby universities such as Drexel and Villanova were also in attendance. Unlike chapters in the InterFraternity Council or the Panhellenic Council, the intake process for the Big-C is not regulated by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs. According to OFSA Acting Director Scott Reikofski, each chapter maintains its own intake process as dictated by its national organization. "It's set up within the chapter," he said. OFSA Assistant Director Thomas Carroll added that events like the information session allow the groups to obtain a little more exposure on campus. Big-C President Trista Bridges , a Wharton senior, said that despite the informal intake procedures, the chapters rarely have trouble bringing in new members. "Usually people see what we do on campus," she said. "If we have problems getting people out, it is not because of the rush system." According to Alpha Phi Alpha District Director Jeff Hill, serving the community is the primary goal of Big- C chapters. To that end, they work in cooperation, rather than competition, with one another to ensure that goals are met, Hill said. "We realize we are an integral part of the community at large," he said. Greek Alumni Council member and Omega Psi Phi fraternity representative Charles Patterson agreed that civic involvement and scholastic support are primary goals of the Big-C this year. He also said Big-C chapters are not all that different in their traditions from other Greek organizations. "All Greek letter organizations have evolved through time," he said. "It is different but it's no more secretive." Omega Psi Phi member Joseph Drayton said the relatively small size of Big-C chapters results from the proportion of minority students in the student body. "When you pick from a small pool, you get a small organization," said Drayton, who is a second-year Penn Law student. Carroll said events like the information session are good ways for the Big-C to let the community learn more about them and demystify their activities. "The Big-C tends to get overlooked," he said.