Alumni swarmed the University last weekend, visiting the place where they left their college days behind. And many left something different behind when they returned home-- a piece of their checkbook. According to Penn Fund Director Jerry Condon, the fund should end the fiscal year with $6.7 million in donations from classes. He said this is more than what his department raised last year, adding that this is encouraging considering that they were raising money in competition with the Campaign for Penn project. "In asking alumni to give to both campaigns, it is very good to know that they will continue to support their individual programs here," Condon said. He said the amount of Penn Fund donations have been growing over the last few years. He added that he attributes this increase to a number of factors, including University President Judith Rodin's ability to generate enthusiasm. Other factors Condon mentioned are the University's success in Ivy League athletics and the increased rating of the school. "I think people are very impressed with how Penn is doing," he said. Fourteen different classes convened on campus over the weekend to celebrate there quintenial reunions, Condon said. Although these classes will continue to raise money through the end of the fiscal year, they try to reach their predesignated goals by Alumni Weekend, he said, adding that most have "just about met their goals." "Some are short, but I expect they will do well by the end of their fiscal year," he said. The specific goal varies by the class. Condon said that alumni celebrating their 25th reunion, usually set the highest goal. This year, the Class of 1970 raised more than one million dollars, becoming the 11th straight 25th reunion class to do so, he added. The class slated $500,000 of its gift to go towards a commons area in the Perelman Quadrangle and $200,000 to endow a term chair to "support a faculty member who is either a woman or a minority." Condon added that the rest of the funds were donated by individuals to scholarships or other restricted purposes. But the Class of 1965 beat all other classes this year by raising over $2.2 million, which they donated towards an auditorium in the Perelman Quad.