Bible banging has taken on a new meaning at the University of Toledo, where gays have been harassed and beaten with bibles by students involved in a gay-bashing movement. And although there have been no such reports of violence against gays at the University, some homosexuals on campus feel threatened by what they perceive as students' blatant homophobia. Wharton junior Marc Teillon's column in The Daily Pennsylvanian last week questioning the purpose of Bisexual, Gay and Lesbian Awareness Days brought overwhelming opposition from gays and heterosexuals alike. But according to many, his column was, in reality, representative of the opinions of a relatively silent but substantial percentage of the University's student body. Students who said they are uncomfortable with homosexuality, said they disapproved of it for many different reasons. One student said he thought that homosexuality is only an excuse for heterosexuals who are having social problems. "I'm very against it," College sophomore Alex Hodgkin said. "I don't think it's natural. It's for weenies that can't handle real [straight] relationships." Another student said his views have been influenced by his background. Wharton sophomore Justin Ramsey said that there is an overall intolerance of alternate lifestyles in Katy, Texas. "It's just not something you do," Wharton sophomore Justin Ramsey said. "From the way I was brought up down in the South, it's just not accepted." One student said he actually feels physically sick when he thinks about homosexual intercourse. "The thought of what they do just makes me feel really queasy in my stomach," Engineering junior Eric Visokey said. "It just gives me the chills."