Snow flakes floated into West Philadelphia last Friday night, bringing the first significant accumulation of the winter. As the magical blanket coated the Quadrangle, students filled the lower courtyard with football games, snowballs, joyful screams and silliness. "It was an outside party," College freshman Christopher Riley said. "I was in a very big snowball fight on Friday night," he added. "For an hour and a half there was a bunch of people throwing snowballs at each other." While other students said they were content just to walk around in the snow, some students were more ambitious. The array of artistic snow-sculptures decorating the Quad by Saturday afternoon showed their talents. The largest statue was a big mound of beer-spattered snow with empty beer cans. The statue's three creators dubbed the mound, "A Tribute to Bad Beer." An anatomically-correct snow man seated in front of McClelland Hall offered to teach new students anything they did not already know about -- well -- anatomy. But the sculptures were not confined to the Quad. Snowballs and statues inundated campus. "Whenever I was walking, I'd fall into a snow ball fight," College freshman Elliot Diamond said. In front of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity house on Locust Walk, a snow sphinx greeted those who ventured out for a walk in the wintry weather. College freshman Randy Hicks and Wharton freshman Will Simmons built also built a snow figure in front of their fraternity house. From the front, the statue looks like a man. He is stout like Paul Bunyan, and wears a top hat with two beer caps as his eyes.The statue grips a Yuengling Porter beer in his right hand, a plunger in his left. His rear view, however, reveals a dinosaur-like tail. "Originally we were going to build a big dinosaur, but it turned into a Lincolnosaur," Simmons said. "That's what somebody said." Hicks gave a more detailed description of the statue, which he said was nearly 8 feet tall. "It's like a mix of a dinosaur, a bunny rabbit with huge feet and Abe Lincoln," he said.