The first college-run South Asian television show ever created, Entertainment India, will debut on the University's UTV13 today at 6 p.m. The hour-long program-- which is unaffiliated with the South Asia Society-- will feature community and world South Asian news, a cooking segment and one half-hour of modern South Asian music videos, according to Wharton sophomore Toral Mehta, the show's creator. Although the show is produced by and for the South Asian community, other students may benefit as well. "The show is targeted towards South Asian students and students who are interested in learning about their culture," said Heather Dorf, a College junior and vice president of production and programming. Dorf said she chose the show from a group of submitted proposals because of its originality and UTV13's drive towards diversity in programming. Although the show is entitled Entertainment India, Mehta said the show is targeted toward South Asian audiences -- which she defines as India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Students from other South Asian countries said they may not watch the show because of its Indian emphasis. "I'm not Indian," said Wharton junior Shoma Haque, who was born in Bangladesh. "We have a different language and a slightly different culture -- I'd probably be more atuned to something called South Asian [Entertainment]." Mehta said she created the show in an effort to unite the University's South Asian community. "This show is a good way to get South Asians involved in the mass media," she said. "The show is the culminated efforts of 45 people. Many people have united to make the show a reality." Although UTV13 has no formal rating system besides knocking on doors, Mehta said viewership of the show is expected to be very large. Engineering graduate student Sanjay Udani said he would watch the show for its music videos and news. "You don't get that type of stuff on regular cable these days," he said. Other students, however said they will probably not watch the show. "I might watch it if I were flipping channels," College junior Priti Bhansali said. "I wouldn't deliberately turn it on. I'm just not interested." College junior Rakhi Parekh also said she would not make Entertainment India part of her weekly television-watching schedule. "[I would watch] once in a blue moon," she said. "Maybe if I knew somebody that was going to be on it."