College freshman David Forlander has resigned from his position as president of the Freshman Class Board. He is being replaced by Engineering freshman Brett Lasher, who was elected vice president of the Board last fall. According to Lasher, Forlander resigned two weeks ago after a meeting of the Board, at which time Lasher was offered -- and accepted -- the presidency. Lasher added that Forlander has since taken a leave of absence from the University to deal with "personal problems- basically, a lot of stress." However, some of Forlander's friends have told Lasher that Forlander plans to be back at the University in the fall, he said. Lasher said that while he is glad to assume the position of Board president, the circumstances of his ascension to the post have tempered his emotions. "I accept the role -- I hope to turn this thing around," Lasher said. "I hope to continue his successes, I'm just sorry to see him leave school." Among Forlander's successes, Lasher cited the halftime show at Penn-Princeton basketball game, which the Freshman Class Board organized with the Sophomore, Junior and Senior Class Boards. Upcoming Freshman Class Board events include a freshman class night at the Class of 1923 Ice Skating Rink, Lasher said. But while the Board is attempting to maintain stability following Forlander's departure, his abrupt exit continues to cause problems for the remaining Board members. College freshman Josh Rockoff, whom Forlander appointed as freshman class public relations officer, said he plans to resign at today's Board meeting -- although he will continue serving as an advisor to the Board. "I'm leaving because I feel my duties can be helpful in another area," Rockoff said, adding that he plans to devote his time to a volunteer corporate sponsorship position with the Burger King/American Society of Civil Engineers 'Buy a Burger, Build a Playground' program. But Rockoff said he does not regret serving on the Freshman Class Board. "I am very happy and glad that I was able to work with such a fine group of students," he said. "I know that I am leaving the present Class Board in good hands?I feel very strongly that they can do a good job."