It may seem like the fall again as packs of well-dressed, nervous freshman and sophomore women will be be seen roaming around campus this week. The most important month of the year for the Panhellenic Council has once again arrived -- only this time without the blistering cold and snow that plagued the Council's rush last year. And 606 women will be spending much of their time during the next two weeks learning about sorority life, and perhaps, trying to get a bid from a sorority. Groups of rushees, each led by a rush counselor or "rho chi," will attend open house parties at eight sororities Tuesday and Wednesday nights. This first stage of rush involves walking from house to house and meeting hundreds of sisters in a matter of hours. It may be stressful -- but the women say it is worth it. "The main reason, as any freshman will tell you, is just to meet more people," said College freshman Jennifer Park, who plans to rush. Rush has become an important social event even for those who drop out before the end of the process. Still, anxiety of the unknown plagues many women -- especially as classes begin today. "I was really nervous," said Panhel Vice President of Rush and College senior Liz Shain, a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. "[But] I would tell them to relax and try to have fun." Shain and other Panhel coordinators have worked ensure that the next few weeks will be very organized for the participants. And many are breathing a sigh of relief as the weather appears to have improved from last year. "Last year was really hard, [the weather] kind of messed up our whole schedule," Shain said. Panhel Publicity Vice President Melissa Barkan, a Kappa Delta sister and a College senior, said she hopes the warmer weather this year will put more of a "happy face" on the women rushing on Tuesday night. "They don't have to worry about shivering in their heels, or running to Lee's to get something to drink because they're so cold," she said. Without subzero temperatures, many rushees said they will be better able to concentrate on the process itself. "The only thing is, I don't understand why [rush] is so different for guys and girls," College freshman Melissa Bernstein said. "[Panhel rush] so structured. "I think it's nice, it just seems kind of hectic," she added. "[But] I appreciate their organization." Shain said Panhel has made changes this year to reduce the stress of the entire rush process. "Each rho chi group will have their own place on campus," Shain said. "It's a little less hectic that way." Those rushing signed up last semester and paid a $10 fee. Since then, each rushee has been assigned a rho chi and has received some helpful hints from coordinators. "Ignore anything you've heard about any one sorority," Bernstein said. "Go in with an open mind." For the sororities, rush is also a time for the sisters to come together, organizers said. "The sororities here are so big," Shain said. "This is really the only time of the year the whole house comes together." The deadline for transfer students interested in sorority rush is today. Applications may be picked up at the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs in High Rise North.