"Bring Your Own Beer" will be put to the test tonight as four InterFraternity Council chapters hold registered parties for the first time since a new alcohol policy was implemented earlier this week. And students across the University are anxious to find out whether the policy will hold up in practice. "I would say that we're very hopeful that this weekend will run well," said IFC President and College junior David Treat. "[But] it may be a tough transition." For IFC officers, transition involves dealing with fraternities allegedly planning ways to circumvent the new rules. "I've been warning fraternities who are planning on it that they're going to get in trouble," said IFC Judicial Manager Josh Gottheimer, a College sophomore. For students, transition means thinking about the effects a new policy will have on their social lives. "I wouldn't be surprised if I see more off-campus parties," College freshman Scott Miller said. The policy stands to affect underage freshmen and sophomore students -- who face difficulty in purchasing alcohol themselves -- the most. "It sucks," said Engineering freshman Brian O'Grady. But time is the answer, according to Treat. "Our hope is to get some real cooperation from the Penn community," he said. "Once people get used to this system as they have on other campuses, we'll still be able to throw great parties like we've always done." Members of the Greek system said last night it appears the new policy will be followed this weekend. "It would be an imprudent move for any frat to attempt to throw a non -BYOB party this weekend," said Alpha Chi Rho brother and Greek Peer Judicial Board member Kenan Altunis, a Wharton and Engineering sophomore. Despite speculation that plans had been developed to circumvent the policy, IFC representatives said they are confident that monitors will be able to effectively enforce the new policy. "The monitors aren't stupid," Gottheimer said. "Some of them are former brothers themselves and currently lawyers and they know what's going on." The IFC is concerned about keeping a "level playing ground" for fraternities -- which means keeping chapters in line with the rules. "Unfortunately, someone is probably going to be made an example of ? fraternities will realize how serious the policy is," he said. A violation of the BYOB policy can put a chapter on social probation for as much as three months. Gottheimer said students should be prepared for the changes. "Besides getting ready and getting dressed, go grab a six pack," he said.