He doesn't get to play much. He probably only sees the field three or four plays a game. So when Michael Juliano does get out there, he makes sure his efforts count. Saturday, this seldom-used defensive end was the catalyst that turned the game in Penn's favor. After Princeton marched for its second touchdown to go up 12-9 as the game neared halftime, the latest a Penn opponent has had a lead this year, Juliano came out to attempt to block the extra point. As Juliano came out onto the field, he looked around. He looked at safety Nick Morris and Jamie Daniels. They were stunned, in disbelief. No one could comprehend that the Tigers, in just over 23 minutes, had scored more points than any previous Quaker opponent had in an entire game. Juliano saw the team was down. The senior screamed at his teammates to get them into the game. But when that did not work, he picked his play up. As Princeton's Brian Buckman attempted the extra point, Juliano leapt through the air and sent the pigskin back towards the Tiger end zone. Kevin Allen scooped up the loose ball, and Juliano turned and looked at senior co-captain Michael Turner. They both knew no one was going to catch the speedy cornerback. And as the realization of what Juliano had just done sunk in, he jumped into Turner's arms. "It feels great to be a part of the team," Juliano said. "Usually I come in when it's 40-0, but this time I helped the team win. I don't mind if all I do is block kicks, because it's an important part of the team." Saturday, it proved to be an extremely important part of the game. Instead of being down by four points, suddenly the Quakers were within one. Suddenly, even though Penn was losing, the Quakers had the momentum. Juliano, who blocked a key extra point against Dartmouth and preserved Penn's shutout over Brown with a blocked field-goal attempt, has proved to be very valuable. Even coach Al Bagnoli admitted he was moving up the depth chart with his inspired performances. "Mike Juliano had a great game," the usually reserved coach said. "There's one of those unsung kids you never hear about. He had a great game. He's proved to be very, very valuable for us." But Juliano, never the raven for attention, gave all the credit to his teammates. "It was all the push by the front guys," Juliano said. "They crushed the center and all I have to do is jump. Really, it is pretty easy. I just look at the kicker and only think about him." At least Juliano makes it look pretty easy. In the third quarter, he did it again. He blocked a 19-yard field-goal attempt, protecting Penn's touchdown lead. As the ball went off his head and sailed wide right, the Quakers seemed to be rejuvenated. But even this stellar performance seemed to go unnoticed. Juliano didn't get to go to the press conference with his more celebrated teammates. In the locker room, however, his teammates know how important he was. Not one player passes him without patting him on the head. Not one player walks by him without yelling out his name. Defensive coordinator Mike Toop smokes a well-earned victory cigar, but he knows it was Juliano who lit it for him. And as Miles Macik and Mark DeRosa answered questions during the press conference, Juliano did his job and headed for the showers, just glad to be a part of the team. Just glad to contribute.