One person was killed and two others injured in a three-alarm fire at an abandoned apartment building near 45th and Chestnut streets Saturday night. Neighbors said the apartment was frequented by drug users. Fire officials said there is evidence that six to 20 squatters had been occupying the third floor of the building. The fire which was ruled an arson was set at several places on the third floor and caused extensive damage to the apartment's upper two stories, Fire Lt. Harry Young told reporters. Killed in the fire was a woman, believed to be about 34 years old. Her body was found on the third floor. The Medical Examiner's office had identified the woman but refused to release her name, pending notification of her relatives. Two other adults injured in the fire were listed in fair condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. They are being treated for smoke inhalation. The fire also forced the evacuation of 50 residents in an adjoining apartment block, many of whom were recent immigrants from Cambodia and Laos. The fire marshal's office and homicide detectives are investigating the fire, the latest of several that had occurred at the building over the course of the last year. Neighbors speculated the fire may have been set by drug users who smoke crack cocaine in the vacant building. This fire is similar to a two-alarm blaze at 4423 Spruce Street two weeks ago which was started by a 52-year-old squatter living in the building, according to the Secretary to the Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Josie Webster. That fire, started by "open flame candles," injured the squatter and damaged the building to such an extent that it had to be demolished. The Associated Press contributed to this article.