Pennsylvania's controversial abortion law was temporarily blocked yesterday, just two days after the law went into effect. Commonwealth Court Judge Dan Pellegrini ruled that the law, which requires women to receive informed consent before undergoing an abortion, cannot go into effect until after brochures explaining fetal development and procedural dangers are published. Then, the law can go into effect 10 days after the materials arrive at state abortion clinics, his ruling stated. These materials were sent out to abortion clinics Tuesday, state spokesperson Kathy Leiber said. The injunction was requested Tuesday by Philadelphia attorney Kathryn Kolbert because abortion clinics had not yet received the brochures which they are required to give to perspective patients, she said. Yesterday's injunction, the second leveled upon the legislation, came two days after the U.S. Supreme Court lifted the original ban, which had been in effect for nearly five years. The law calls for physicians to give women counseling and abortion literature at least 24 hours before operating. It also forces unmarried women under 18-years-old to seek permission from a parent or guardian. "The fact that Pennsylvania women are already calling reproductive health providers in New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland is very troubling," said Penn Pro Choice Co-Chairperson Scott Gallin. "I hope that the information booklets which were mailed earlier this week to Pennsylvania clinics will receive a careful and thorough review," said the College senior, former associate editor of The Daily Pennsylvanian. Anti-abortion officials see the legislation as a victory, albeit a minor one. "It's a small compromise that doesn't go very far," said Newman Council President and College junior Jeremy Chiappetta. "It certainly does not go far enough. [The legislation is] a victory insofar as it is a first step. It certainly does not solve the problem." State Attorney General Ernie Preate Jr. said he believes the legislation should take effect next week after the 10-day waiting period expires. Another hearing is scheduled for next Tuesday for the two sides to debate their interpretations of when the 10 day injunction will end. The Associated Press contributed to this article.