Third-year Boos was on his way home from party Driving home from a party late Thursday night near his Fairfield, Conn., home, third-year Law School student Scott Boos skidded into the side of a bridge, dying instantly. Boos' younger brother, who was also in the car, was seriously injured and taken to a nearby hospital, where he is currently listed in critical condition. Boos' father, Earnest, said last night that no one knows the exact cause of the accident, but added there may have been icy patches on the road. Police are still investigating the accident. "Unfortunately, no one is capable of talking about it," Earnest Boos said. "Scott was killed instantly and Jon is still in critical condition." Scott Boos, who graduated from Fairfield Preparatory School in 1986 and Tufts University in 1990, was remembered by his family as being very bright. "What can a father say," Boos' father said. "[Scott] was a terrific student, on the honor roll at both his prep school and Tufts University. He enjoyed law and looked forward to practicing law." He said his son recently had been talking about graduation and the job waiting for him in the Philadelphia law firm Rush and Seiken. His parents said they were especially proud since Boos was the first in the family to attend graduate school and would be the first to become an attorney. Boos' roommate Rich Andrade, also a third-year Law student, said his friend will be missed. "He was a good guy," Andrade said last night. "He had a great laugh. He was always laughing. He kept things in perspective." Anita Knibbe, a second-year Law student and Boos' good friend, said Boos constantly thought about the welfare of others. "He had just adopted two kittens," she said. "When he got them, they were only two months old. They were so tiny; he fed them with a straw. He was so gentle and selfless." Andrade said he and Knibbe are working to persuade the Law School to give Boos' parents his diploma, in honor of his memory. "[Scott] was the first in his family to become a lawyer," he said. "I think the diploma would mean a lot to them." Knibbe said the Law School faculty would have to vote on the issue before an honorary diploma would be issued. Another of Boos' classmates, third-year Law student Cheryl Patterson, said she had been in a number of classes with Boos over the past three years. "He was such a down-to-earth person," she said. "He was always making me laugh when we talked. This is a horrible thing to have happened."