Opening tonight, Catharsis: An Emotional Enema, is a varied collection of a cappella sound. The show is a joint venture between Chord on Blues, an all-male a cappella group, and the all-female a cappella group Quaker Notes. "This show will be more upbeat than past shows," said College Senior Dave Ragsdale, president of Chord on Blues. "We are including faster material." Quaker Notes is the oldest a cappella group on campus, according to Wharton Junior Chris Park, the group's business manager. The group was founded in 1979. The combination of the two groups is a fall tradition that began "as far back as we can remember," said Park. "Basically, you get more a cappella for the same amount of money," Ragsdale explained. Quaker Notes will perform an "eclectic mixture" of material, according to College Junior Ann Roderer. Expect mostly modern rock with a mix of "'70s stuff." New songs will include covers by Pete Townshend, Kate Bush and the Cranberries. Chord on Blues will expand its selection as well. Ragsdale said the new songs will include songs by Matthew Sweet, Pearl Jam, Living Color and Seal. There are a total of five new songs along with their "old favorites" including a jazz, Motown, rock and roll and pop "repertoire." "While material-wise the two shows are the same," Ragsdale said, "the shows will be different in the sense of atmosphere. Thursday's show will be more intimate, while Saturday's will be a large auditorium." Chord on Blues will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and will be recording a 10th anniversary CD, due out this spring. The album will include new material from the upcoming show as well as old. The groups will be performing tonight at 8 at Kelly and Cohen Restaurant and on Saturday night at 7:30 at Dunlop Auditorium. Tickets are $5 and are on sale on Locust Walk.