A male Engineering freshman received a stiff penalty from the judicial inquiry office in February for several violations of the University's Code of Conduct, Acting JIO Catherine Schifter said in a statement yesterday. The student -- who is the only student to be accused of vandalism this year -- was found guilty of putting graffiti in a Quadrangle hallway, underage drinking, throwing firecrackers and burning objects from his Quad window and smashing bottles in the Quad. His JIO sentence included a relocation from his Quad room, residential probation and a fine. He was also ordered to have a meeting with Fire and Occupational Safety Director Jim Miller and drug and psychiatric evaluations. The JIO also settled two harassment cases. In one, a male College freshman was sentenced to undergo an alcohol evaluation and write an apology to a residential advisor he harassed while his companion was being written up for underage alcohol possession in the Quad. Among the seven other cases settled by the JIO in February were another fire safety violation, one excessive noise violation, one security violation and two charges of harrassment. Twenty-one cases were reported to the JIO in February, including the only charge of drug violation to date this year, one charge of sexual harassment -- adding to two already reported this year -- and one reported case of plagiarism. None have yet been settled, according to Schifter. There are 41 cases still pending in Schifter's office.