The Greek Alumni/Advisors' Council will submit the finalized version of its proposed Alcohol Management Policy to the University sometime next week, GAC Chaiperson Chris Albani said yesterday. Albani added that next Monday GAC will have its "final meeting with some of the people involved" -- including the Interfraternity Council. But problems still exist with the policy, he said. "My impression is we're getting significant support from the University now," Albani said. "We've discussed it with the undergraduates and I hope that we can resolve some of the major conflicts." Under the policy, chapters would be required to submit guest lists to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs before each event, parties would have to end by 2 a.m. and the amount of alcohol each student would be permitted to bring to a party would be reduced, among other changes. Assistant Vice Provost for University Life Larry Moneta said yesterday that an agreement between GAC and the IFC is an important factor in the success of the policy, adding that otherwise people will not have "any confidence in the process." "I think a lot of it depends on the degree of support [the policy] has from the Greek system in general," he said. "The greater the congruity between what the GAC wants and the IFC wants, the easier the implentation will be." Although both Albani and IFC President Morris Massel say that changes have been made in the policy, only one is still pleased with its implications. "We have made some changes per their request in the policy," Albani said. "I think it's a strong policy right now." "The IFC is not thrilled about the way this is going, obviously," said Massel, a College junior and Alpha Chi Rho brother. "The alumni have to a great extent listened to us, but I don't think that under any situation will the IFC be thrilled with this at all." Massel added that while "some of the issues" have changed since the preliminary proposed policy was released February 21, "the main gist hasn't changed." The preliminary policy, if approved in full, would change several parts of the current University alcohol policy by requiring official guest lists, limiting how much alcohol partygoers could bring and ending all parties by 2 a.m.. Massel still insists that the policy would damage the social life on the University campus and reduce the Greek system's social presence. "The fraternities are going to start serving the fraternities a lot more and are not going to be the social outlet that they used to be," he said. "It's a hard thing for us to accept, but . . . the Greek system as a whole is going [to be] more self-serving and not as open because of this policy." Albani said he believes the policy will "absolutely" be in place by next semester, but Moneta says implementing the policy by fall is "a goal." Massel said he hopes the policy will be implented by the fall so that "the Class of 1997 will know nothing of this policy [and that] will make it easier."