Until 1973, each class at the University had its own board which helped coordinate student activities and improve class spirit. Then the tide of '60s and early '70s anti-establishment sentiment swept the class boards away and they were disbanded amidst student apathy and lack of interest. Today and tomorrow, students will be voting for sophomore and junior class boards for the first time since 1973, the year many of those running were born. Thirty-four students are running for 20 spots: president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, vice president for corporate sponsorship, two College representatives, Wharton representative, Engineering representative and Nursing representative. Class boards were resurrected last year by several students concerned about the lack of class spirit. Boards Election Chairperson David Yarkin, who helped re-establish the class boards, said that the organizations will provide services that other groups and committees do not. "There are other groups that have social purposes, such as SPEC, but not on an individual class level," he said. Yarkin, a College sophomore, said the board will schedule events to help build class spirit and unity. Yarkin added that possible class board activities could include football tailgating parties, class olympics, hankies for basketball games and class officer relay races at Penn Relays. Another event which is being planned is "Freshman Rowbottoms." In the past, Rowbottoms was a wild party held in the Quadrangle that often ended in mayhem. "It was like a big riot, but we don't plan on rioting, at least not initially," Yarkin said. The Undergraduate Assembly and the University agreed last month to provide the class boards with a combined total of over $25,000. Yarkin said that it will be up to students to decide how the money will be used. "It will depend on the interest of students," he said. "It'll be important for the new officers to have the pulse of students." The polling will take place across from Steinberg-Dietrich Hall from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and tomorrow.