Junior class members will elect 10 of their own today and tomorrow, as balloting begins this morning for next year's Senior Class Board. The elections will be held across from Steinberg-Dietrich Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m today and Tuesday. If it rains, the polls will be set up in the lobby of Houston Hall. Twenty-eight candidates are running this year for the offices of president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, historian and class representatives. If the elections do not yield a candidate from each office who wins a majority of the votes, there will be a run-off on Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wharton senior Brooke Hayes, the current treasuer, said last night that this race has attracted a large amount of interest among candidates, with at least two people running for each position except Nursing representative. Eight students are running for president. He added that he thinks the process is going smoothly, especially after problems stemming from last year's elections. "Last year they had all the problems with a story in the DP," Hayes said. "People were all upset. Now everything seems to be fine." He added that this year's campaign has also shown an increase in the number of women involved. Hayes said last night that women are guaranteed of winning six of 10 offices -- secretary, tresaurer, historian and Nursing, Engineering and Wharton representatives. He added that 50 percent of juniors traditionally vote during the elections. Class board adviser Fran Walker said she also thinks the elections are going fine. She added that a gag rule which prevents candidates from appearing in The Daily Pennsylvanian has "been that way for as long as I've been here." "The '93 board has been very clear with the candidates about the rule," Walker said. "I have not heard about any problems." The Senior Class Board has historically planned senior screamers and other events which are designed to create class unity. This year, the board sponsored a viewing of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, ice-skating, and a basketball game in addition to the usual events at local bars. Hayes said an average of 300 seniors attended the traditional Feb Club events which the Senior Class Board sponsors.