Mr. Clinton is going to Washington -- and so are University students. In an attempt to participate in this week's inaugural extravaganza down in D.C., University students are jamming into cars and crowded Amtrak trains to see Bill Clinton sworn in as the 42nd President of the United States. The inaugural festivities, which range from the actual swearing-in of the nation's President to black-tie bashes, require tickets. That, however, does not daunt bold University students in their quests for political fulfillment. "We're just going down there to hang out with the masses," College junior Julie Berkun said. Berkun added that she and a couple of friends plan to attend as many events as possible. "We're a little worried that it's going to be a mob scene," Berkun said. "It should be a hippie-fest." Wharton freshman Michael Jo had a more academic goal in mind in his plans to crash the inaugural festivities. "I figured that while I'm within a couple hours of the inauguration, I should go for the experience," Jo said. "I'm planning on watching the swearing-in . . . probably along with 70,000 other people." College freshman Jesse Goldstine, who plans on going with Jo, said their plans are "in flux right now." "We're just thinking of hopping on a train and seeing what there is to see," Goldstine said. There are those University students, however, who have managed to obtain tickets to actual events through their hard work on the Clinton campaign in the past year. College sophomore Lisa Neuberger said that the campaign gave five University student interns tickets to the Pennsylvania Ball, which will be held at Union Station. "After all the hard work we put into the campaign, I'm thrilled to have the chance to finally celebrate," Neuberger said. "This is an event not to be missed." But College senior Nancy Koreen, who also worked on the campaign, said that she has "no idea" what she will be doing down in Washington. Koreen said tickets for the parade after Clinton's swearing-in were "really expensive" -- with good seats selling for about $50 -- and that without tickets, "you're probably not going to be able to see anything." "It should be an interesting experience to witness everything that's going on first-hand," Koreen said. "I'll be there and be a part of it -- even though I don't know anyone, or anything I'll be doing." Some University students, though, used more nepotistic means of obtaining tickets to the see-and-be-seen events. College freshman Evan Wiener said he will be "mooching [tickets] off" his father, who was the head of the Clinton campaign in the third district of Connecticut, to go to inaugural bashes -- including The New Republic's party. The bash will be attended by Vice President Al Gore, and will include a politico-mingling brunch before the Presidential swearing-in. College freshman Josh Senders, who will be going with Wiener, said that his attendance is not necessarily indicative of his political stance. "I'm a Republican, but I still think that it's something that's interesting to see," Senders said. "I think being there for the change of the presidency is exciting." College junior Dana Lynch, the president of College Republicans, said that even he is planning to go to Washington to share in the fun. "I'm very open-minded, and I don't hold bias," Lynch said. "This is a celebration . . . I guess."