Several African artifacts, valued between $2,000 and $10,000, were taken from the University Museum overnight Sunday, University Police said yesterday. University Police Lieutenant Susan Holmes said she did not know how the burglar got into the museum, located at 3260 South Street. The artifacts, which Holmes described as 30 brass objects, were taken from the African section of the museum. Philadelphia police responded to the call and the case is being investigated by their department in conjunction with UPPD Detectives. Neither the Philadelphia 18th District detectives, nor UPPD Detectives were available last night for comment on the case. The last major theft from the museum took place in 1989 when a $200,000 crystal ball -- the most renowned artifact in the museum -- and a $30,000 bronze statue were stolen. Both items were recovered last fall. In an unrelated incident, a $1,400 computer laser printer was stolen from the Chemistry Building sometime over the last couple of weeks, University Police said yesterday. Holmes said the incident was reported to police yesterday, but that the theft could have occured at anytime since Novemeber 9. The printer was taken from the 3rd floor of the building located at 3301 Spruce Street. Police do not have any suspects in the case at this time. In another unrelated incident, someone stole money from the vending machines in Leidy Labs Saturday night, University Police said yesterday. Holmes said the machines were in the basement and on the first floor of the building located at 37th and Hamilton Walk. She added the theft was not reported to police until yesterday. Holmes said she did not know exactly how much was taken from the machines, but that there was a forced entry. Police did not make any arrests in the case and do not have any suspects at this time. In another unrelated incident, a resident of Hill House at 3333 Walnut Street reported a stolen airplane ticket Monday, University Police said yesterday. The student told police someone had taken the ticket from his room sometime between October 30 and November 20, Holmes said. She added she did not know why the student had waited so long to report the incident. Police do not have any suspects in the theft at this time. sy0cf1cp9cl12