To the Editor: The first Spring Fling intro meeting was attended by 20 students and the second was attended by 58. The DP reported that the Spring Fling Committee "needs" 75 members to "make this year's three-day party a success." Simple arithmetic shows that the intro meetings were attended by 78 people total, which is in excess of the 75 "needed." If you also count the approximately 20 to 30 students who expressed strong interest to the Spring Fling directors by phone, but who were unable to attend the meetings, then the number of students interested in working on Spring Fling rises to somewhere between 98 and 108, which is well above the 75 "needed." Therefore, interest in working on Spring Fling has remained at historical levels despite the false impressions made by the DP's inaccurate reporting. I find it ironic that the article "It's a No Show," which misrepresented interest in the Spring Fling Committee, sought to make an issue out of dwindling participation in campus activities without mentioning the DP itself. I wonder how many students are aware that four editors and managers quit the DP in September and that reporters have left the DP since then. Why did the DP editors fail to submit their own student organization of their scrutiny? This is another example of the DP editors' bias about which other students have written letters to the editor. JEFFREY ANAPOLSKY Wharton/College '93 Spring Fling Co-Director Former DP Production Manager (1990)