Last night's InterFraternity Council Elections seemed to be plagued by mishaps. First, the original election site of Stiteler B21 was cancelled the night before the elections, forcing the meeting to be relocated to a Steinberg-Dietrich classroom. Next, elections were cut short because the proceedings were drawn out for over two hours. Within the lengthy timespan, the original 50-odd members who showed up gradually dwindled to about 20 members by the meeting's close. But the IFC did manage to elect their new president, executive vice-president, vice-president of rush and secretary for the 1992-93 term. Elected president was College junior and Alpha Chi Rho brother, Morris Massel. He previously held the position of IFC vice president of rush. Massel defeated Engineering junior and Sigma Chi brother, Anu Goel, who was previously an IFC member-at-large. The outcome of the executive vice-presidential race was predictable, since College junior and Sigma Alpha Epsilon brother Sas Mehrara ran unopposed. College sophomore and Sigma Phi Epsilon brother Rick Thompson won the race for vice-president for rush against College junior and Alpha Epsilon Pi brother Jason Garmise. And College sophomore and Alpha Epsilon Pi brother Scott Litman beat College sophomore and Zeta Beta Tau brother Chad Mendelbaum for secretary. The remaining positions will be elected in another meeting whose date has not yet been established. Running for the treasurer's seat are Engineering sophomore and Delta Kappa Epsilon brother Todd Huseby and College sophomore Alpha Epsilon Pi brother Jon Morris. The contenders for the position of members at large are College sophomore and Phi Delta Theta brother Chuck Joels, Wharton sophomore and Sigma Alpha Epsilon brother James Newsom and College sophomore and Alpha Chi Rho brother T. J. Zane. College sophomore and Sigma Chi brother Tim Sazio, Wharton sophomore and Alpha Epsilon Pi brother Dave Simon, Engineering junior and Sigma Alpha Epsilon brother Will McAlexander are running for the spot of judicial representative. McAlexander was the IFC secretary last year. A judicial manager must also be elected. Additional nominations may be made up to the start of the next election meeting. The main topic of the night was the greek system's image at the University, said Wharton senior and Delta Kappa Epsilon brother Jeff Blount, the former IFC president. He said the new panel will work at "improving the greek system's relationship with the community, especially in light of The Daily Pennsylvanian's account of bid night." According to newly elected Vice-President for Rush Thompson, much of the concern for an improved greek image centered around the DP's portayal of the system. He said that working for "positive press from the DP was a resounding factor throughout the election night." As the vice-president for rush, Thompson said he plans to work on a "dry rush and how it should continue to be a force" and "reforming the bid signing presentation." The former IFC officers expressed great confidence in their future leaders. Wharton senior and Zeta Beta Tau brother Stu Elkowitz claimed the new leaders are "wonderfully qualified people who are going to continue to build upon the solid foundation laid this past year."