To the Editor: But groups that get large amounts of money from other sources intend to give up SAC funding, charge $5 per ticket and continue to travel. Groups with few alternate sources -- including newer groups with fewer alumni -- will have no money to travel. Thus, SAC is destroying the very groups it meant to support. These groups will no longer be able to record albums, travel to other schools, pay non-Penn groups as guest performers or give benefit performances -- things which reflect well on the University and increase quality of life. SAC leaders claim "Students can't afford to pay $5 for every show. This way they can see every show." So why is there a limit on performances? Groups were selling out two or three nights -- now, at any price, only half or a third of the usual audience can see a show. The SAC mandate actually limits the number of shows people can attend. Most importantly, the SAC constitution does not give SAC the authority to limit how a group spends non-SAC funds. Ticket money is partially talking non-SAC revenue. Where does the SAC constitution give SAC the right to price fix? Which groups will have their prices "fixed" next? The SAC constitution must be amended to pass this $2 mandate, or a bylaw must be passed. We as SAC members cannot let SAC ignore their own rules. KATE SPENCER College '93 President Quaker Notes