Last Saturday Alpha Phi set a precedent in the University's Greek system. Hoping to extend the system beyond the individual house, the sorority invited 14 area chapters to attend their celebration of Founders' Day. Founders' Day commemorates the 120th anniversery of the creation of the sorority at Syracuse University. About 400 sisters attended the event sponsored by Greek Central. "We are excited about setting a national precedent," said Karyn Yeske, a College and Wharton senior, and president of the University's chapter. "Over 10 chapters from the tri-state area [Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware] are uniting in a celebration of friendship, diversity, and sisterhood." The function, held in High Rise North field, consisted of a catered lunch, and activities including vollyball and a three-legged race. "I did this because it gives my sisters as well as the sisters invited and the administrators at Penn a chance to see that the Greek system extends beyond the individual house," said Hollie Burdt, an Engineering senior. Burdt, a member of Alpha Phi's Fraternity Education Committee at the University, was responsible for organizing the event. She started making preparations last April. The general consensus among the visiting sisters was that the event was an outstanding idea. Melissa Frendak, a senior at Seton Hall said that the day "exemplifies how strong our sisterhood is." "We were able to show our diversity as well as unity with not only our chapter, but with all the chapters of Alpha Phi," said Marianne Famularo, vice president of Seton Hall's Eta Eta chapter.