Several students said yesterday they are concerned about a possible investigation by the Liquor Control Enforcement branch of the state police which may begin a crackdown on underage drinking at fraternity parties. "It scares the shit out of me," College freshman John Ferris said. Freshmen, who may make up the bulk of fraternity party-goers, said they are not the only ones worried about a possible LCE raid. "I don't want to get busted," College sophomore Danny Silverstein said. "It influences my decision whether or not to drink, or how much to drink. I won't go all out." Rumors of an LCE presence at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Zeta Beta Tau fraternities surfaced last week, adding fuel to the flame that has slowly burned since a party at the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity was raided by LCE agents last spring. Many of the partygoers at Phi Psi received citations for underage drinking. One member of the fraternity was arrested and accused of selling liquor without a license. The overall impact of the rumors on the social lives of University students remains to be seen. Some said yesterday they believe that they can sidestep the LCE with a bit of precaution. "I would be more careful," said Wharton freshman Dhara Mehta. "I don't go [to fraternity parties] necessarily to drink, though, just to socialize." Other students also said they do not think they need to fret. "I'm not really concerned," College freshman Jeff Rosen said. "I'll leave [the LCE's possible action] up to the frat brothers." College freshman Lisa Kim said she is uncertain about the extent of the LCE's authority and does not know how they will be able to enforce the law. "What are they going to do," she said, "stop everbody?" Some University students -- particularly those who do not regularly go to fraternity parties -- said they are not concerned about the LCE because its action will not affect them. "It doesn't affect me," said College senior Jasper Reynolds. "My social life is with friends, not necessarily at frat parties." Many students said they are still uncertain of how the allegations will change their habits, and most likely the ambiguity will remain until either the fraternities or the LCE take action. "It's definitely a concern," said College freshman Kim Brommer. "I just don't know how much."