They are an organization of the unorganized, according PARMESAN founder Jay Sand. And although the new group may have a cheesy name, its goal -- to serve as a network for University musicians -- hits the heart of a campus-wide problem. The Penn Rock Musician Entertainment Society and Network was founded this semester by Wharton junior Ted Worth and College juniors Sand and Aaron Katz. PARMESAN is an informal club that helps alternative musicians find bands, bands find audiences and musicians find fellow musicians. But organizers note that the group is not limited to alternative musicians and already has jazz and rock members. Sand said he formed the network because of past problems starting new bands, finding practicing sites and keeping in touch with other musicians. "[In the past] We've spent a lot of time trying to get bands together," Sand said. "We would go put up signs on the walk and the next thing you know someone would put up another sign over yours such as George's Toenail Service. So, George's Toenail Service gets the attention." PARMESAN works like a casually organized grapevine service, Sand said. Sand added he records the names and telephone numbers of musicians interested in finding bands or getting information and connects them with other appropriate musicians. "PARMESAN is pretty much anti-structure," he said Sunday. "It's not an anal, powertrip organization. There are no dues and no obligation to do anything." PARMESAN is open to members of any skill level and solicits musicians who play any instrument, according to Sand. Worth said he originally devised the music network concept. "There is a sizable group of people who don't get the chance to get together," he said. "Not just musicians, but people interested in music as well." Worth said he hoped PARMESAN would organize some activities including a biweekly "jamfest." Katz said he believes that the music network will give original musicians the support that the University does not provide. "[The University gives] priority to a capella groups and organizations like the Penn Band, which is fine if you like that sort of music," Katz said. "But, it's hard to break through with your own band. It's hard to find people to play with and places to play." Katz also said he believes that the University community is interested in alternative music, adding that the network is "an idea whose time has come."