I don't even know where to begin about the absolute debacle which appeared on the front page of Thursday's Daily Pennsylvanian (DP 3/26/92). I don't understand why I have to look at two homosexuals sucking face on the front of my college newspaper. Now, I do have to preface my argument with a few points. I will admit that I am completely heterosexual, and some people even call me slightly homophobic. I am not sure exactly what this means, because I am not scared of homosexuals or homosexuality in general, although I will admit that I am revolted by it. However, this is clearly not why I have a problem with Thursday's issue. My main problem is that the picture on the front page is completely hypocritical. I thought that Wednesday was supposed to be Homosexual Awareness Day. If this is the case, and the DP wants to show that there is homosexuality on this campus, I want to see a picture of a huge crowd of people supporting homosexuality. This would demonstrate awareness, and the fact that there is a homosexual community on this campus. Showing me a picture of two homosexuals kissing only demonstrates to me that there are at least two homosexuals on campus, who clearly lack any class in the fact that they feel the need to kiss in public. Sometimes, I really feel like having anal sex with a girl, so why doesn't the DP print a picture of me porking some woman up the ass? The answer: because people should keep their sexual antics behind closed doors. Now, don't get me wrong. We can hold hands publicly, or an occasional peck on the cheek, but a picture of two dudes posing for the camera, passionately kissing, with one guy's hand right aboth the other guy's dick lacks any morality at all. In a time where we are trying to promote safe sex, it is simply irresponsible to show that type of stuff publicly. However, the more basic, and most disgusting, argument that I want to make is the utter hypocrisy of this shit. If homosexuals are fighting for equality, and they want to be treated as equals to the heterosexuals, then why are they making such a big deal out of this kiss in the first place? When was the last time anyone saw a picture of a guy and girl smooching as front page news? Last Friday, the DP published an article about a student's suicide which didn't even make top of the front page, and this supposedly normal and acceptable act of two people kissing should get lead article? This is fucking bullshit. The homossexuals are using the fact that this shit revolts people in order to get attention. This completely weakens their claims for equality and acceptability, because by making a simple kiss front page news, they are doing just the opposite -- making it a big deal. It would be like a feminist group using Elle MacPherson, with her big tits sticking over the top of a string bikini, as the poster girl to promote awareness that the Miss America Pageant is sexist. Whoever chose to pose for that picture, or the decision to use it, is utilizing exactly what they are fighting against in order to promote awareness of the fact that they are fighting against it in the first place. This is not only hypocritical, but extremely stupid, and just makes this campus' homosexual community look like a bunch of disorganized sex-crazed assholes. In conclusion, I think that I now know what a pregnant woman feels like when she experiences "morning sickness," because this is how I felt Thursday morning when I opened the paper to see a huge picture of two homosexuals kissing. This is unprofessional, irresponsible and downright fucking gross. If some students got together to form the "Masturbation Club," would you guys print a picture of a guy jacking off next to a woman finger fucking herself? I think not. JASON EPSTEIN College '92