In recent years, few students from the city's 27th Ward have voted in the primary election. But April 28, two factors could contribute to the largest student showing since 1988. During presidential election years, the primary is held earlier than normal, according to Bob Lee, election document specialist for Philadelphia Voter Registration. As a result, this year's primary will be during reading days, instead of after graduation, as it was last year. The early primary, coupled with the presidential nomination, should translate into a higher turnout. "During presidential primaries when the primary is conducted on the fourth Tuesday in April, the [student] turnout does take a jump," Lee said. The University is spread out over eight divisions of the 27th ward. Students have until March 30 to register in order to be eligible to vote in the primary. Lee said students can register in person at the voter registration office, or mail in application forms that are available at City Hall, post offices and libraries. Students are eligible to register in Philadelphia if they are citizens of the U.S., and have been residents of Pennsylvania and residents of a district at least 30 days prior to the election. Most students, including those from out-of-state, fall under those criteria. Lee said students must re-register when they move and change districts in the process. He added that the new reapportionment plan will not affect Philadelphia's 66 wards. College sophomore Dana Lynch, chairman of College Republicans, said his organization will hold a registration drive on Locust Walk tomorrow. "We're going to handout literature on [Republican Sen.] Arlen Specter," Lynch said. "If we get Bush material, we'll probably do that, too." "Especially on the University campus there's going to be a dominance on the presidential race," 27th Ward Republican leader Matt Wolfe said. "[But] the impact of a local political organization like ours on a presidential election is limited." Instead, Wolfe said he hopes the presidential election will motivate people to register and get to the polls. College sophomore Scott Sher, a Democratic committeeman for the 27th Ward's 20th division, said the Democrats will "try to institutionalize voter registration on campus" this year. Sher said voter registration forms will be available in dining halls, libraries, the Bookstore and elsewhere on campus in time for the primary. "It's going to be a big effort this year," he said, "We hope to be able to displace Arlen Specter." College sophomore Samantha Halem, a member of College Democrats, said the organization held a registration drive two weeks ago on Locust Walk. "We registered quite a few [students]," she said.