On behalf of the Women's Track and Field Team, we are writing to inquire about the absence of sports coverage that has taken place since our season began. The only article we have seen in the first few weeks of the semester -- and please correct us if we're wrong -- is one that appeared three weeks ago (DP 1/16/92), in which some of the report was inaccurate. Karyn Smith won the long jump and Ruthlyn Greenfield won the triple jump, not vice versa as the article stated. But that is not our point in writing this letter. We are very disappointed that the quality performances that our team has exhibited have not been reported by the DP. It's amazing to see all the coverage that some of our other sports teams receive, especially when they lose! This is not intended to put down any of our fine teams. We are clueless as to why the DP would prefer to report our school teams' losses when there are teams that are winning and/or performing well. The Penn Women's Track and Field Team is a highly talented group of women who are full of Penn Pride and who exemplify this pride at each competition. We are very proud to be members of this team and feel that our athletes deserve to be recognized for their talent and acheivements. People always ask us, "How did the team do?", "How does the team look?", and even "Who's on the team?" Obviously, some of the Penn community is interested in our team and would like to know who we are and what our accomplishments are. If the DP is supposed to serve the Penn community, then do us a favor and do it! P.S.: Please don't be tempted to leave out the "Field" in our team's name. Our team is made up of "Track" athletes and "Field" athletes. RUTHLYN GREENFIELD LOLA OGUNDARE Captains, Women's Track and Field Team