Black Student League members elected Wharton junior Martin Dias their new president at a DuBois College House meeting last night. Dias and the new board will assume their offices next semester and serve for the calendar year. The Wharton senior said last night that he is looking forward to serving as president, adding that he expects an active year for the campus organization. "I feel fantastic," Dias said. "I think we have a cool group of individuals willing to get involved, and I think that group will be at the forefront of changes at the University. Together we can make a change." Outgoing BSL president Jessica Dixon praised the new president and Vice President-elect Kaplan Mobray, a College sophomore, and said she thinks the entire new board will "work well together." "I think it is going to be a good board," Dixon said. "A very strong president and vice president were elected, and the leadership is in good hands." Until last year, BSL elections were held in the spring in conjunction with the academic calendar. But according to Dixon, officers will now be elected in November to allow incoming boards to decide their own budgets, which are determined early in the calendar year. "The change was made to ensure continuity," Dixon said. Dixon also said that in the past, outgoing boards arranged the budgets of incoming boards. Other officers are Wharton sophomore Darion D'Anjou, treasurer; College sophomore Petrina Alexander, recording secretary; Engineering junior Charles Collins, corresponding secretary; Engineering freshman Larry Burtin, United Minority Council representative; Wharton junior Onyango Adija, SAC representative; College freshman Ericka Guthrie, freshman representative; and College sophomore Sabrina Philson-Skalksi, parliamentarian.