The Interfraternity Council will elect a new board tonight, ending the one-year tenure of President and College senior Jim Rettew. Wharton junior Bruce Forman and College junior Steve Rice are the only declared candidates for president, but students can announce their intention to run up to election time. Forman, a Tau Epsilon Phi brother, is currently the IFC vice president for rush. Rice is the IFC secretary, and a Zeta Beta Tau brother. Last year Rettew was the only board member to run for president. "The [chapter] presidents have better choices this year," Rettew said. "They are choosing from two qualified people who have two years experience under their belt." The IFC is responsible for consolidating efforts to solve common internal fraternity problems, and acts as a representative of fraternities to the University. Rettew said the IFC president is the fraternity diplomat and the "figurehead of the entire fraternity system." Two representatives from each IFC fraternity will vote for president and four other executive board positions. Engineering sophomore Wil McAlexander of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and College junior Nauman Shah of Sigma Phi Epsilon are running for executive vice president. Candidates for rush vice presidnent are Wharton junior Brett Fliegler of Alpha Epsilon Pi and College sophomore Morris Massel of Alpha Chi Rho. Wharton sophomore and Sig Ep brother David Bell was the only announced secretary candidate as of last night. Running for treasurer are Wharton juniors Jeff Blount of Delta Kappa Epsilon, David Doft of Pi Kappa Alpha, and College sophomore Steve Nanda of Acacia. Five members-at-large will also be elected. Candidates include Engineering sophomores Joe Suyama of AXP and Anu Goel of Sigma Chi, College sophomores Jon Prenner of ZBT and Sas Mehrara of SAE, College junior Ira Marcus of DKE, and Wharton junior Jason Ridloff of ZBT.