Paul Simon's coming to campus. No, the other one -- the senator that wears the bow tie. The Democrat from Illinois and former presidential candidate will speak at the University next Friday at 10 a.m. in Bodek Lounge in Houston Hall. Kohn, also a Democrat, will join Simon in the presentation, which will include a long question and answer session for each speaker, Borenstein said. Borenstein, a College sophomore, said he felt Simon's speech was an important event. "It it important for undergraduates to have the opportunity to meet a United States Senator," said Borenstein. "It will also be helpful in terms of [Kohn's] election." Richard Smith, chairperson of co-sponsor Conaissance, said that he was impressed that Simon was coming to the University. "It is rare that a politician of his stature will . . . take a speaking engagement outside his constituency," said College senior Smith. Other students, such as Michael Berman, president of co-sponsor College Democrats, said that Simon's presence is particularly valued because his experience running for president in 1988 provide insight into the upcoming 1992 race. "We want to raise awareness of what is going on in the Democratic Party," said Berman. Simon is also expected to discuss Israel and the Middle East, according to PIC steering member Oren Friedman. The College junior added that Simon has been a strong supporter of Israel in the past. "We are out to increase awareness of Israeli issues on campus," said Friedman. "[Simon] is a respected expert [on Israel] in the U.S. community as well as internationally." Friedman said he also invited students from neighboring colleges, including Swarthmore College and Drexel and Temple universities, to attend Simon's speech. He said that Bodek Lounge can seat up to 300 people, and that many more can fit in the room if they stand up. Simon tried unsuccessfully to garner the presidential nomination in 1988, but has remained a leading figure in his party. Although he will not run for president in 1992, Simon has taken an active role in the Congress, stressing liberal economic and social policies.