Campus medical emergencies may soon be handled by University ambulances staffed with students and faculty. According to Fruchterman, students and faculty would staff ambulances and cover emergencies on campus as well as emergencies reported by off-campus students to University Police. "I felt there was a need to provide a pre-hospital service on the campus," Fruchterman said. The system called Penn Corp would consists of two ambulances and a supervisor's vehicle and would provide 24-hour care Fruchterman said. Presently, the University Police Department handles most medical emergencies. Staff members who would be strictly volunteer would have to take a course in pre-hospital care. According to Fruchterman, volunteers would either take a semester-long course in pre-health care or, if they choose only to be drivers, take a course in defensive driving and basic first aid. The start-up expense would be about $250,000, and Fruchterman said the program would not get its money from the University but from outside donations. In addition to providing support for the University community, Fruchterman said the program would be willing to help Philadelphia residents if needed. "The service would do wonders for the University, and it would provide excellent training for health care professions," Fruchterman said. In addition, Penn Corp would provide better access to student health.