Philadelphia Police arrested a West Philadelphia man April 28 and charged him with the rape of a 12-year-old girl in a building on the 4100 block of Walnut Street, a police spokesperson said this week. Detective Edward Tenudo said the girl, also a resident of West Philadelphia, was returning from an errand at 3:30 p.m. when her alledged attacker, Darryl Bennett Brown, 29, invited her into his apartment at 4111 Walnut Street. Tenudo said Brown took her to his bedroom and raped her. The victim then left the apartment and reported the crime to Philadelphia Police, who arrested Brown at 9:20 that night in his apartment, said Tenudo. Tenudo added that arresting officer Patrick Smith reported no struggle when the arrest was made. Brown has been charged with rape, statutory rape, indecent assault, corrupting the morals of a minor, and interfering with custody, said Tenudo. Tenudo said he did not know if Brown is a University student, but a person at the University registrar's office said no one by that name is enrolled at the University. Tenudo said Brown has been arraigned, but no details were available on the arraignment. The resident manager of the apartment building where the alleged rape occurred, John Richard, referred to the incident as a "terrible thing." Richard said that about 60 of the 78 apartments at 4111 Walnut Street are filled by University students. One University student, who would not give his name, said he did not know that an alleged rape had taken place in the building.