Sparked by a University Police investigation of a report of attempted rape at the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house, the fraternity issued a statement yesterday which asserted that it does not allow sexually abusive behavior by its members. ZBT said in its statement that it "will not tolerate or condone any form of sexually abusive or assaultive behavior on the part of its members. Members who engage in such conduct are subject to discipline or expulsion by the fraternity." The fraternity's statement also said members are cooperating with police investigations of the reported rape attempt. The statement, however, neither confirmed nor denied that any rape attempt took place at the fraternity's Superblock house. ZBT president Matthew Feinsod could not be reached for further comment last night. University Police, along with the Philadelphia Police sex crimes unit, started an investigation last week into a reported rape attempt of a student from another university in ZBT's house January 26. University Police Commissioner John Kuprevich said last week the student reported the alleged incident to her school's police department, who in turn reported it to University Police earlier this month. University Judicial Inquiry Officer Constance Goodman said last week she is also investigating an alleged incident which occurred at ZBT. Goodman said last night ZBT has offered to cooperate in her investigation of the alleged incident. The JIO said she has not yet involved the fraternity in her investigations, but added that she will soon talk with members of the house. "Whenever an incident occurs in a fraternity, it is my responsibility to talk with members," Goodman said.