A Veterinary School researcher is waiting for the ruling of the Faculty Senate's Grievance Commission in a tenure complaint she filed last year against the University, professors involved in the case said this week. Ann Jeglum, a researcher who was once chief of Oncology in the Vet School, has recently finished the hearings stage of her tenure grievance process and is awaiting a final decision from the panel overseeing her case. Jeglum's first tenure bid was rejected during the summer of 1989. Jeglum did not leave the University until February 15, however, and is now working in a West Chester veterinary clinic. Citing confidentiality restrictions, she has repeatedly declined to comment under the advice of legal counsel. Associate Orthopedics Professor Gail Smith yesterday confirmed that Jeglum's grievance is one of two investigated by the commission over the past year, and said he was called to testify in hearings for the case. Citing confidentiality restrictions, Smith declined to comment on his testimony in the case or reveal whether he testified on behalf of the Vet School or Jeglum. Grievance Commission Chairperson Kenneth George announced at the Faculty Senate's annual plenary session last week that the commission finished hearings in a case two weeks ago. The hearings began last April. The case is one of only two cases under consideration by the commission this year. History Department professors said this week the other, accepted by the commission just three weeks ago, is that of Assistant History Professor Hilton Root. George said he expects a decision soon because faculty on the grievance panels generally do not like extending their work over the summer. While at the University, Jeglum spent more than five years -- funded by the American Kennel Club -- researching new treatments for certain forms of canine cancer, as well as treating animals in the Veterinary School's Small Animal Hospital. Veterinary School Dean Edwin Andrews could not be reached for comment on the grievance yesterday. Calls to his office were referred to Veterinary School spokesperson Helma Weeks, who said she was unaware of the grievance but would look into the case.