A College junior was robbed of his bicycle at gunpoint Friday night on the steps in front of his house at 3921 Pine Street. The student, College junior William Orlove, said he had ridden his bike home and was just about to go inside when he was approached by a man who asked him for some change. When he refused to give him any money, the man pulled a gun on him. "He lifted his shirt and showed me a gun and pulled it out," Orlove said yesterday. "He said lay down on the ground and give me your bike." Orlove said the man took his bike, which he said was worth about $300, and rode off. Nothing else was taken, Orlove said. The College junior added that he had seen the man standing with another man near the corner of 39th and Spruce streets, but did not think he posed any threat. University Police arrived on the scene within five minutes, Orlove said. University Police Sergeant Larry Salotti said the student described his assailant as a black male, in his mid-20's, five foot, eight inches tall, wearing a dark cap and a jeans jacket. Orlove said Philadelphia Police drove him around the area in an attempt to spot the assailant. He added that although the incident took place in front of his home, the robbery has not traumatized him in any way. "I don't want to become a prisoner in my own apartment," Orlove said. "It was just bad timing. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was scared, but I've got to move on."