The crowd of about 100 people that gathered in the David Rittenhouse Laboratory Tuesday afternoon wasn't there for a calculus or physics class. The audience of students, professors and guests had assembled for a taste of literature at the poetry reading by Pulitzer Prize winner Richard Wilbur. Following a brief introduction, Wilbur began reading his poems, for which he won the 1988 Los Angeles Times Book Award. In "The Ride", which Wilbur described as a "dream poem" because he dreamt the story and remembered it the next morning, he speaks of his riding the horse with "magic ease." Wilbur also read his lighter poems such as "The Catch" which, he said, pertains to his wife and himself or any married couple. The poem tells the story of a wife buying a dress which she considers a bargain and wanting her husband's opinion of it. Wilbur speaks of "the blindness of the male" when the wife is not satisfied by her husband's opinion. Wilbur said he is always happy when someone reminds him of a poem, adding that he even tends to like a poem more when this happens. Wilbur also read some of his "seasonal poems," including "Seedlings" which is dedicated to Robert Frost. The last few readings were from Opposites, which is a collection of short, humorous poems for "children and others." The reading was followed by questions addressed to Wilbur regarding his background, his inspirations and the other factors that contributed to his becoming a poet. The audience was appreciative of the reading. "I thought it was excellent," said College freshman Ethel Rackin. "He is a great reader and the selection of poems was very interesting