About 100 campus and West Philadelphia organizations and businesses will have tables on Locust Walk to promote their organizations. Several performing arts groups, including Penn Dixie Ensemble, the Penn Band, Chord on Blues, and the Penn Gospel Choir, will perform throughout the day. Raffle drawings will be held every hour, with prizes including a T-shirt autographed by President Hackney, meal passes from Dining Services and the Faculty Club, tickets from the Annenberg Center, computer paper and carrying case from Computer Connection, and Class of 1923 Ice Rink passes. The major goal behind the festival is to increase communications between the West Philadelphia community and the Penn community. "It is important to build bridges into the community," Carl Maugeri said. Bonnie Ragsdale, an information management specialist in the senior vice president's office and one of the coordinators of West Philadelphia Day, said that the festival will help to break the mental barrier between the two communities. "We also wanted to show how the two communities are really working together as one through business services, civic associations, volunteer groups and education." -- Tricia Kwan and Sharon Molinoff