The Social Planning and Events Committee will present the first-ever SPEC Comedy Club Night, featuring a number of students comedians, at the Underground Cafe tonight. The performance will feature several student monologues, with College junior Glenn Yeck serving as emcee. The acts will be interspersed with skits performed by a group of students called The Comedy Troupe. In addition, the band The Voodoo Children will be playing before and after the show. College junior Wai-Sum Lee, director of the SPEC Comedy Club, said he got the idea for the show while watching the movie Punchline, which depicts the lives of several stand-up comedians. In January, the club helped organize the U.S. Concepts College Comedy Competition, which Lee described as a "huge success," and filled Houston Hall Auditorium to near-capacity. Lee said tonight's show will be "the first show that we are doing exclusively on our own" in order to fulfill the Comedy Club's basic goal of "providing comedy shows on a regular basis." Fliers for the events bear the club's slogan "The SPEC Comedy Club -- At Least It's Keeping Us Off The Streets." In the future, the Comedy Club will be working with U.S. Concepts and Students Against Drunk Driving to bring well-known comedians to campus the week before Spring Fling. Although the details have not yet been finalized, the event will include at least one comedian from Saturday Night Live and a regular on The David Letterman Show. Wharton sophomore Alexis Williams, co-founder of the club, said the real value of the Comedy Club is that previously there was "no forum for stand-up comedy on campus." Lee agreed with this assessment, saying "I think we have very talented students on campus who need this outlet for their talent." The hour-long show will begin at 8 p.m. at the Underground Cafe and admission is free.