Their upcoming performance will celebrate the season with a thematically and stylistically wide range of musically interpretive dance motifs. According to group members, the performance is will be composed of a repertoire of seven interelated pieces. Different combinations of company members will perform in each piece, but all will be part of the finale. These pieces have been choreographed by Assistant Director Vaughnda Hilton-Lyn, College senior Julie Choderker, and guest choreographers Norman Taylor and Peter McCoy. Music will range from jazz to pop. The dancers, whose last performance was Affinity in November, have been rehearsing three to four hours a night at the Gwendolyn Bye Dance and Fitness Center since January to prepare for Spring. College freshman Robin Pulis said that Penn Dance is currently "polishing" the performance. Members described their upcoming performance as both diverse and experimental, and the most challenging to date. Dancers also said that they are happy they have not been slowed by injuries or other obstacles. The dance company's performances have been consistently changing in style and theme over the years. Company member and College sophomore Allison Powell attributed this largely to the annual influx of new choreographers and directors, most recently, McCoy and Taylor. Current Assistant Director Hilton-Lyn said she is very pleased with the progress she has seen in Penn Dance. "I have seen them go from high school level to amateur-professional in the three years I have been here," Hilton-Lyn said. Penn Dance, founded in 1976, is an eclectic group whose dances cover the whole spectrum from lyrical modern dance to jazz. Spring, which will be presented Thursday April 4 through the Saturday April 6, each night at 8 p.m. at the Annenberg School Theater, is the second of Penn Dance's major performances of this academic year. Additionally, Penn Dance will make a guest performance at Villanova University later this year. Members said they are optimistic that the show will draw large crowds. "Not only are they going to see great dance, but they are going to have a great time," said College junior and Penn Dance member Jen Clagett.