The Daily Pennsylvanian is a student-run nonprofit.

Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on our site.

Holmes said police received a call at 4:46 a.m. from students concerned about a "chemical smell" on the third floor of the Warwick and Chestnut sections of Community House. Police officers found a discharged fire extinguisher in the bathroom a short time later, Holmes said. College freshman Lisa Deutsch, who lives in Warwick, said she noticed the hall was "hazy" just after 4:30 a.m. and promptly awakened her resident advisor, Anne Package. Package, a College senior, said after Deutsch awoke her she called University Police and instructed everyone living on the floor to leave the building. She said that once police officers located the fire extinguisher in a bathroom, the officers indicated it was safe for students to return to their rooms. The incident follows a series of thefts and small fires which have occurred in Community House this semester. -- Scott Calvert

Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Pennsylvanian.