People from all over the Delaware Valley will now be able to take their best friends to give blood with the convenience of having a blood bank practically in their backyard. No longer will dogs and their owners have to trek to West Philadelphia to give blood. According to Oakley, the new VHUP mobile will travel to breeding kennels or kennel-clubs across the Delaware Valley. The van will have all the modern conveniences of a stabilized blood bank, including an exam table, cooling unit, micro hematocrit, centrofuge, hemoglobinometer, gram scales, and a collection unit. Although the major donation has been pledged, VHUP officials are currently choosing the van that will best suit its patients. "We're hoping to have it on the road by the summer," Oakley said. "We have enough funding for the vehicle, but we need more funding for equipment." And while the van may be a convenience to many dogs, there are still several restrictions on which canines can donate blood -- no puppies or petite canines are allowed. VHUP officials said that every dog that gives blood must be at least one year old and weigh more than 50 pounds. In addition, the dogs must be in good health and on no medication besides heart-worm preventatives. Officials said they just hope people will remember the canines in need when contemplating having their dog become a donor.