The Arts House Dance Company's annual show Fierce opened last night in the Harold Prince Theater before an enthusiastic audience. The show's broad variety of dance styles, inventive costumes, and the sheer energy of the dancers made for an exciting and enjoyable performance. The company moved through numerous styles, keeping the show lively with constant change. The up-tempo pieces were the best received, with numbers such as the humorous Baby I Got It, danced to the music of Aretha Franklin's Respect, attracting vociferous applause. In addition to the technical skills displayed, the dancers used a relaxed humor throughout the show. This was particularly noticeable in the campy Trollops on the Fringe, performed with obvious relish to the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Macavity. The lighting was innovative in all the pieces. A backdrop of drifting clouds accompanied one gentle, lyrical dance, while in Heart and Sole, an a capella dance, the dancers had only their gloves and collars illuminated. A high-energy dance accompanied by Deee-Lite's Groove is in the Heart ended the show on a high note of enthusiasm. Fierce will continue tonight and tomorrow at 8 p.m. in the Harold Prince Theatre in the Annenberg Centre.