The works, though all drawings, portray a wide range of subjects, including potraits, landscapes and more abstract drawings. The artists used different media including charcoal, pencil and ink in the finished and unfinished works on display. Roger Braimon, a second-year Fine Arts graduate student whose works are in the show, said "everyone is doing their own thing in their art." Many students who have works displayed said that though the actual works expressed many different themes, the exhibit as a whole was united by the common theme of drawing. College junior Barbara Snitzer, one the curators of the exhibit, called the show "very cohesive." According to College sophomore Jessica Winegar, spokesperson for Penn Student Gallery, the group normally features both graduate and undergraduate artwork, but Grace Mayer, a first-year Fine Arts graduate student, brought together the graduate student artists for this display. Braimon said that the Houston Hall exhibit is an unususal opportunity for undergraduate students to see the works of graduate students. College sophomore Lars Larson said the display is "educational" since it covers different styles of drawing. The Handel's Mug cafe will soon have an event giving people an opportunity to meet some of the artists whose works are featured in Beyond Drawng. Penn Student Gallery's next exhibit will focus on political and social issues featuring the work of both graduate and undergraduate students, and is scheduled to open March 23. The goal of Penn Student Gallery, according to former director and College senior Masa Kabayama, is to "make people more aware of the arts scene on campus." Beyond Drawing will be open until March 5 in the Bowl Room in Houston Hall. Official gallery hours are 3 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, although visitors can see the exhibit any time when Houston Hall is open.