In a meeting marked by hostile debate and confusion over proper voting procedures, the Undergraduate Assembly passed a resolution condemning the administration's plan to tear down Smith Hall to make room for a new science center. The resolution, proposed by College senior Greg Cohn, also criticizes the administration's plan to relocate several humanities departments, including History and Sociology of Science and Fine Arts, to 34th and Market streets. "We need to protect our history," said Cohn, adding that the University should consider alternate locations for the science center. UA members voted three times on the resolution after the a mix-up on voting procedures. In deciding whether the resolution had passed or failed, UA Chairperson Duchess Harris counted abstention votes as "no" votes. After the third vote, the resolution passed. College sophomore You-Lee Kim vocally opposed the resolution saying that it failed to express Smith Hall's importance as a historical piece of architecture. She also said that the proposal could not pass University Council in its current form. "I personally agree with the resolution, but there just aren't enough facts," said Kim. In other business, Dan Singer gave a brief overview of the revisions in the UA's 1995 report, which details student government goals for the next five years. A resolution suporting the Greek system at the University was not voted on at the meeting last night.